Saturday, June 7, 2008

Other benefits of a prenatal yoga class!

When I was pregnant with my fourth child, I actually taught the prenatal yoga class in my local town. It was nice being able to share my knowledge with other moms, whether they were first timers, or old pros like myself.

There was this camaradery with the other moms, as we could share what stages we were in, in our pregnancy, our pregnancy woes, advise for this and that. An instant connection! For first time moms, it helped them know what was coming up, on their upcoming doctor visits, and things to be sure to ask the OB on those visits.

Some of the things that I shared with the ladies, was the names of several good prenatal massage therapists, the names of the breast feeding la leche league and lactation consultants. Of course the experience that I and others had gone through prior to this pregnancy too (my fourth).

gail
Post a Comment