Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My list of recommended books for Pregnancy.

Here is my list of recommended books for pregnancy. This list is geared toward natural childbirth without pain killer medications. After I miscarried my first pregnancy, I vowed to myself to be an informed consumer of the birthing process. So I investigated the best way (for me) for my pregnancy, birthing/labor process, and recovery & recuperation. My method may not align with your values.

Hospital birth, no pain medication, fast recovery and breastfeeding (all four births)!

"Birthing from Within" by Pam England *****

"Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer *****

"Exercising throughout your Pregnancy" James Clapp, M.D. *****

"Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way" by Susan McCutcheon-Rosegg *****

"Exercises for True Natural Childbirth" by Rhondda Evans Hartman, R.N. *****

"Stretching and Pregnancy" by Kit Laughlin ****

"Motherwell Maternity Fitness Plan" by Bonnie Berk ***

"Yoga for Pregnancy" by Sandra Jordan (spiral bound) *****

"Yoga for pregnancy - birth and beyond" by Francoise Barbira Freedman ****

"Fit to Deliver" Karen Nordahl, MD ***

"Step by Step Yoga for Pregnancy" Wendy Teasdill ****

and now for the kiddo....

"Baby Om" Yoga for Mothers and Babies by Laura Staton & Sarah Perron *****

"Yoga Mom, Budda Baby - the yoga workout for new moms" Jyothi Larson *****

"Isty Bitsy Yoga - Poses for help your baby, sleep longer, digest better and grow stronger" Helen Garabedian *****

"Loving Hands - The traditional Indian Art of Baby Massage" by Frederick Leboyer *****

"Infant Massage - a handbook for loving parents" Vimala Schneider ***

5 stars - got to have, less than 5 stars, not necessary, but good to have...check out through intra-library loan...In fact that is my recommendation on all of these books, check out through your intra library loan, as some of these are old vintage books, but excellent information. Try before buy?

Hope that helps. I also have individual magazine articles, that I can send you, if you send me your address through personal email.

"Breathe!"
Post a Comment