Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Being informed is work!

That is my opinion! Being informed about your pregnancy and the birth process, and what you can do, to make the birth process and informed one is work!

I remember having a miscarriage early on in my marriage, and vowing to myself, that I'd be more informed about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and child rearing. I'm finding through my interactions with other to be moms and new mothers, that they do not share my thirst for this type of knowledge.

Eating right, exercising, reading up on what to do, during your pregnancy, is not on everyone's forefront mind. My OB commented to me, as I was pregnant at age 45, that he wished his clients in their 20's and 30's would take care of their pregnancies half as well as what I was doing! Course, I had enjoyed early on Bradley Childbirth Method training, as well as Lamaze, and the various renditions of hospital's "prepared childbirth" methodologies. Of course, sueing/litigation/covering their behind type of thinking comes to mind, in the present day of birthing a child in a hospital environment.

What does this have to do with prenatal yoga? I'm just surprised that ladies aren't doing more for their pregnancies and their babies to be. Prenatal yoga lends itself easily to be a exercise method, to calm - destress the momma (which is good), help with the aches and pains of pregnancy, and also to be with other mom's to be, and network, be friends and such. Plus learn a lot of what you can do, to help you during your labor.

Just some observations.
Post a Comment