Monday, February 27, 2012

Prenatal ladies coming to Wesley UMC for their yoga.....

I teach a chair yoga class at Wesley United Methodist Church in Nederland, Texas.  I've had two ladies now coming to class in the early stages of their pregnancy.  It is always best to check with your doctor to see if you have no-contraindications and then be sure to tell me prior to taking yoga how far along you are.

Chair Yoga is great for prenatal ladies!

It isn't the same as taking a specialized prenatal yoga class, but I am able to give you the alternative poses for you, depending on your own yoga expertise (from none to a lot), and how far along you are in your pregnancy.

General rules of thumb:
  • Limited lying on your back  for long periods of time (30 seconds) once you hit the 12 - 16 week mark. 
  • Limit being on your torso (tummy) once it becomes uncomfy (which is about the same time frame as previously mentioned).
  • Being easy in your twists.
  • Limit headstands, plough, shoulderstands and extreme backbends.
Come talk to me about your prenatal yoga needs.  I taught prenatal yoga for a year and while I was pregnant with my fourth child.

Gaileee
Post a Comment