Thursday, January 16, 2014

Prenatal Yoga in Port Arthur, Beaumont, Nederland Texas

Prenatal Yoga is pretty non-existant in the Beaumont, Port Arthur and Nederland Texas area.

I will start teaching a gentle beginning yoga class at Wesley United Methodist Church, in Nederland, Texas on Monday nights at 6:15 p.m. Currently teaching this class.  Winter/Spring 2014.

 I can give the alternate poses that ones does while pregnant in this class.  While not a prenatal yoga class (cause in a true prenatal class, you go into doing "kegals", relaxation pose to help you in your labor, and other poses good for while in labor), the gentle yoga class and prenatal class are very similar, so I can give you good modifications to do while others are doing the gentle version of the class.


Most important thing, is that you do not lie on your back after 12-14 weeks, for any great length of time, and of course, no ab, or lying on the stomach poses (also avoiding, deep, deep twists).

I took the YogaFit Pre/Post Natal training, and right before and during my fourth pregnancy, I taught prenatal yoga, when I lived in Victoria, Texas.

So, if you are interested in attending, call, or just show up for class.  Be sure to tell me that you are pregnant, and how far along.  It would also be good, if you tell your OB/GYN that you are taking yoga.  Most OB/GYN's applaud the benefits of a yoga class.

My OB/GYN also told me that taking water classes, at a lower end of activity was wonderful for my health, and to continue to do my walking.
Post a Comment